[ENG] Cooking : Korean Sweet pancakes with brown sugar syrup filling Hotteok (호떡)

Hi! Everyone in this episode of cooking with me, I would like to share about one of my favorite sweet dish from Korea. I love the beautiful and sweet filling, so caramelized. It's also one of my family's favorite. I got the original recipe from Maangchi, and I adjusted it to my liking. The crispiness become one of the reason  that make me want to make it more and more often or just once in a while or wherever I'm craving for something sweet. I think kids even adult will love this! Try it at home when you wanna get new experience of unique food! Let's get it started!

We need :

for dough :
2 cup all purpose flour,
1 cup lukewarm water,
2 tsp instant yeast
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbs vegetable oil
2 tbs white sugar

For filling :

brown sugar
sesame seed

First, mix 1 cup lukewarm water with instant yeast, sugar and salt, also add vegetable oil, mix it well


Let it seat until double volume or 1 hour, and you'll get this kind of consistency
After 1 hour or so, stir the dough with spatula


Adding flour until you find elastic, soft and moist consistency, do not add too much flour, maybe around 1/2 cup, just to make sure it's not that sticky while you shaped it.

Prepare your brown sugar, mix it with sesame seed, and your filling is ready

Preheat your pan, grease with a little bit oil
Take some of dough, flatten it, add some sugar filling, make it round shape. Cook it on the pan, wait a few second until bottom side a little bit browned, flipped it and flatten it. Cook until golden browned. Your hotteok is ready to be served! Enjoy cooking! Have a nice day! Comment, love and shared this!



Share:

0 comments