[ENG] Cooking : Spicy Tteokpokki From Scratch!

Hi, everyone, welcome to my blog. In this post, I'm gonna share another recipe that I made for picnic plan with my friend, the first picnic plan recipe is making korean fish-shaped bread bungeoppang here.

I'm so happy that I can share something with you here. Tteokpokki is one of popular street snack in korea, like bungeoppang, i love the spicy taste and a little bit sour and sweet from the sauce, but of course I love spicy flavor from it because I'm spicy food lover. Before it's really hard to find and buy tteokpokki and so do the special sauce of it, so I'm trying to make one (flour tteokpokki base). I tried many way to make it easier, from steam the dough until boiling the dough and I think it easier to make it with boiling tehnique. Now, we can buy it online but sometime I choose to make fresh tteokpokki on my own. It can take sometime, but when you used to it, you'll find it easier for you, and it won't take time, you'll be happy and so do your family.

The main ingredients to make tteokpokki is easier to find, we just need flour (all purpose flour) and rice flour. Let's get it started!



First you need to mix all purpose flour (around 1/2 cup) and rice flour (around 1 cup). Add a little bit of salt (1 tsp). You can adjust the saltiness to your preference.

For the sauce you will need :
1 tbsp Korean sauce gochujang
1 tbsp Korean hot pepper flakes
1/2 tsp hot chilli pepper flakes
1/2 tsp balado flakes
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
2-3 tbsp hot water
Mix well all the sauce ingredients together


Pour in hot water (3/4 cup) gradually with spoon, knead it, you can add some more water or flour until you find soft texture, you can also add oil (around 1 tsp or so).
 
 Shape your dough into tteokpokki shape, and you're ready to boil it while you shape more tteokpokki

 Boil your tteokpokki right away after you shape it, to make it fresh.
 
 
 After it's cooked, preheat pan with vegetable oil (1-2 tbsp), add the sauce mixture. Add ttekpokki and mix it well with the sauce.
  

 


You're tteokpokki is ready! Serve it while it's hot will be more delicious. Enjoy! Happy Cooking! Hope you like, comment and share it! I'd like you to share if you make one here! See you on my next post!

 




Share:

2 comments

  1. Late night snack yang ngangenin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iya, udah lama juga nih gak bikin ini lagi, ikutan kangen hee ;)

      Delete