Indonesian Food : Chicken Porridge! Mind blowing your day with this!


I love porridge, especially chicken porridge. Indonesian people often eat porridge for breakfast but I eat that depend on my mood, not everyday. Chicken porridge so yummy when you're eaten that at morning, it's easy to digest because it's made of rice that's been added water much more than when you cooked the rice properly, it's much liquid than rice, so soft, savory in flavor. We also eat porridge when we're sick and hard to eat, it's bring back appetite.

There's so many porridge seller in Indonesia, especially in the morning time, near the public health/hospital, central city park or even near your home. The seller showed their porridge and sell it with manual chart that can be pushed by themselves "gerobak dorong". It's kind of unique and also nice to see that, because we can see clearly what the seller take with them and how convenient for us to buy from them.

We also can make it at home. My mom often make it wherever she has time or when my family getting sick and need porridge to feel better. I'm glad that my mom is a good cooker, so I get to taste delicious food every time and it's kinda make me love homemade food than anything else, my palate became sensitive with "msg" I prefer natural seasoning and it's still delicious to eat, but sometimes eat "flavorful food" ;)

Here's my favorite porridge made by my mom!
I love the boiled egg that cooked like this so soft, fluff and yummy! Green onions one of the topping that I love, shredded chicken not a must but complete the porridge, don't forget to add sweet soy sauce to add sweetness! I can eat two bowls of this, SURE!



and this is the one that I buy from the porridge seller near my home!

I love the crackers, nuts and sambal (spicy sauce) and everything mixed together like this before eating this! It's make the porridge much more delicious with various kind of flavor that's great if we combine it together!














Share:

0 comments