Local Talk Indonesian Food : Lotek (Indonesian Mix vegetables salad)

Hi! Everyone, I'm so exciting with today post. I'm gonna talk to you about my favorite Indonesian food as a local. Yeah, Because it's in my everyday meal, I feel like I wanna share with you guys about the taste. The food that I'm gonna talking about is "Lotek". When you came to Indonesia you'll easily find this dishes because it's everyone's favorite and so do I. Lotek is one of healthy food because it's contain so many healthy ingredients, especially vegetables. You can call it Indonesian salad, but it has special sauce on it that made from peanut. The richness of peanut sauce that contain of peanut that grind well with special tools (traditional tool called "Coet" in indonesian, javanese language, in english we called it mortar and pestle), sweet sauce, chili and many other spices and after the sauce mixed, we add all the vegetables and mix all well. The vegetables that use in this dish has been cooked well/boiled before, there's also an option of raw vegetables if you want. We can find vegetables like kangkung, cabbage, bean sprouts, chayote, and many other vegetables that we can choose to our like, on top of this dish commonly sprinkle with fried scallion so nice smell and flavorful. There's stall/push carted, restaurant that make this dish. As local I often eat this with rice, delicious! Let's get it! I hope you can enjoy this Indonesian food deliciously! 





Don't be confused, in this plate I just add another Indonesian food called "Kerecek" that's been made from cow skin crackers then cooked with hot chili sauce paste.
  

Share:

2 comments